I was about to transfer huge files from server to server using linux.
Having issue with the transfer using FTP, download upload etc..
Then while searching on the web I read about this command name SCP (Secure copy)
Here the command definition:
Scp (Secure Copy) is a command line tool to copy or transfer files across hosts. It uses the same kind of security mechanism like the ssh program. Infact it uses an ssh connection in the background to perform the file transfer. scp refers both to the “protocol” that defines how secure copy should work and the “program” (command) which is installed as a part of OpenSSH suite of tools.
The Syntax for SCP is:
The syntax for scp is:
If you are on the computer from which you want to send file to a remote computer:
scp /file/to/send username@remote:/where/to/put
Here the remote can be a FQDN or an IP address.
On the other hand if you are on the computer wanting to receive file from a remote computer:
scp username@remote:/file/to/send /where/to/put
scp can also send files between two remote hosts:
scp username@remote_1:/file/to/send username@remote_2:/where/to/put
So the basic syntax is:
scp username@source:/location/to/file username@destination:/where/to/put
You can read man scp to get more ideas on this
Maybe you don’t have coins.ph account yet, you can register by clicking this link below.
Maybe you wonder if what is coins.ph ?
Coins.ph is a digital wallet that Filipinos can use to make payments or buy bitcoin. With Coins.ph, you can do the following – even if you don’t have a bank account!
With the Coins.ph app, you can skip the line and instantly pay your bills. We help you pay over 80 different types of bills all over the Philippines.
Some of the bills you can pay include:
- Electricity – Meralco, Cotobato Light, Davao Light, ILECO, and more
- Water – Manila Water, Maynilad, Laguna Water, and more
- Government services – SSS Contributions, PhilHealth Premium, NBI Clearance, NSO
- Telco – Globe, PLDT, Smart, Sun Cellular, and more
- Broadband – Globe, Smart, Sun, and more
- Cable – Cignal, My Destiny, Sky Cable, and more
- Credit card – BDO, BPI, Citibank, PNB, Unionbank, and more
- Tuition fee – La Salle Greenhills, Miriam College, and more
Buying load is now easier and faster with Coins.ph. You can buy load from Globe, Smart, Sun, TNT, and TM in just a few taps.
Coins.ph also lets you instantly subscribe to the following load promos:
- Globe – GO UNLITXT 15, GoSURF 50, GO UNLI 25 and more
- TM – Touch Mobile Astig Txt 20, TM CALL & ALL NET TXT 15, and more
- Smart – All Text Plus 40, Giga Surf 50, Unli Call and Text 50, and more
- TNT – Gaan Text 10, LahaTxt30, and more
- Sun – Sun Xpressload Text Unli 60, Sun Xpressload Nonstop 50, and more
Skip the bank queues and use Coins.ph to send money to friends and family! All you need is their email address, Facebook name, or bank account details.
Are you waiting to receive payments? You can also send a Payment Request to anyone, even if they don’t have a Coins.ph account.
Power up and raid until dawn without ever running out of game credits! With your Coins.ph account, you can easily buy any of the following game credits:
- Battle.net Gift Cards
- Cherry Credits
- Garena Shells
- Steam Wallet credits
- EX Cash
- Game Club
- Level Up!
Coins.ph is the first virtual currency provider in the Philippines to be licensed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Using your wallet, you can easily convert your pesos into bitcoin.